David Jesser is a Principal with McInnes Wilson Lawyers, Brisbane. For the past ten years he has specialised in defending CTP, occupiers’ liability, construction and public risk claims for insurance, schools, shopping centres, homeowners and sporting organisations. David’s present emphasis is on defendant personal injuries litigation with specialisation in indemnity issues and the PIPA/CLA framework. He regularly provides external training and seminars to claims staff of prominent insurers.
David’s recent experience includes defending:
• Occupiers in claims for injuries caused by the criminal conduct of third parties;
• Claims on behalf of host employers utilising labour hire staff;
• Personal injury claims in the mining sector;
• Police Officers for civil claims brought against them arising from them carrying out their duties;
• Sporting organisations in claims arising from injuries occuring in the course of training or competition; and
• Fraudulent property claims.