Laura Searles is an associate with Squire Sanders. Her practice focuses primarily on preparation for and attendance at Employment Tribunal Hearings, preparation of advice on all aspects of employment law, and drafting of contracts of employment, company handbooks and compromise agreements. Laura has also advised on a variety of football related employment issues, as well as more sports specific issues such as player transfers, third–party influence over clubs, and the international transfer of minors.
Her representative experience includes:
• Advising various clients on their redundancy consultations.
• Advising and assisting various clients with the defence of Employment Tribunal claims – including claims for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and disability discrimination.
• Advising various clients on international employment law, including project management and liaising with employment lawyers in other jurisdictions.
• Advising individuals on the potential claims against ex-employers.
• Providing advice to individuals offered compromise agreements by their employers on the termination of their employment.
• Assisting clients with the update and implementation of their Company policies, in line with changing legislation.